Just like most of you, we have been watching the ongoing Coronavirus crisis and the response.Thankfully, our community has fared better than many so far. But we know that in addition to the direct health challenges we may face at some point, the financial challenges related to the Coronavirus have already started hitting home. We have seen this firsthand with our friends, family, and clients.
Financial problems and emergencies don’t go away because of a virus, in fact it seems they may get worse. So we would like take moment to reassure our current clients and those that might need our help that we are here if you need us. Regardless of the situation, our priority is the safety of our staff, our clients and our community while we continue to focus on providing the legal services and protections people need. And we want clients to know that we are making changes to meet your financial legal needs during this time as safely as possible.
• In many cases we can arrange appointments by video for current clients and prospective clients if you are not feeling well or are unable or prefer not to travel
• We limit the number of people in our waiting rooms to under ten people
• We ask that people who have a fever or symptoms of the coronavirus not physically come into the office. And it is the same with our staff
• We use hand sanitizer liberally, both with clients and staff
• We are also going through a lot of disinfecting wipes in the office (We used to hate that smell but we’re learning to love it)
• We can reschedule court hearings or assist in arranging some hearings to be by telephone
• Waiver of appointment policy – if you have to cancel an appointment because of illness we understand and there will be no charge for that
• We have a comfort dog on site in our Roanoke Office – she has agreed to work extra hours to help out
If you are losing work hours or find yourself in financial distress, we are open and available to review your financial options. Stay safe.